Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SWA Updates to A-List preferred perks and other advantages for the frequent flyer

SWFlyer007
Aviator C
10 REPLIES 10

Re: SWA Updates to A-List preferred perks and other advantages for the frequent flyer

bec102896
Aviator A

Hopefully it doesn’t create too many A List members since they only have 45 A spots (behind the 15 BS folks) and with assignment of other passengers on an A List reservation that takes up more spots as well 

Re: SWA Updates to A-List preferred perks and other advantages for the frequent flyer

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Well SWA has already been handing out promotional A-list status like candy over the last several months anyway. We'll see how it plays out. Requiring 20 flights will keep the "casual" flyer from just falling in to A-list and may actually foster more loyalty from less frequent travelers?

Keeping the point threshold requirements at previously levels will also require loyalty/spend.

I Would still like to see a real perk, besides free "sketchy" wi-fi for A-list Preferred, but that apparently is not in the cards from SWA. (like expedited baggage claim for Preferred flyers like Delta provides)

jksobonya
Aviator A

Southwest is also adding a new perk for A-List Preferred members. Starting on Nov. 6, those status holders can get two free premium drinks on every flight with drink vouchers that will be loaded into customers’ accounts and accessed through the Southwest app.

OH. Will you look at that. Digital drink vouchers!! 

20 flights vs. 25 gives me a chance to get to A-List now 😄 Although it still may be easier for me to get there with points ... lol ... we'll see how this goes! 

--Jessica

gsking
Aviator C

And two per flight instead of 4 per 10 flights or whatever it used to be.  My poor liver!

jksobonya
Aviator A

@gsking wrote:

And two per flight instead of 4 per 10 flights or whatever it used to be.  My poor liver!

Don't Business Select fares get a free drink, too? I wonder with this announcement if they're going to resume the drink coupons, or if they're only for ALP / BS now. 

--Jessica

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Website implies BS Flyers get 2 as well, but you cannot "stack them" if you are an A-List member to get 4 per flight.

gsking
Aviator C

Didn’t they change BS from a free drink to free internet?  Are they now offering both? 

it did seem odd to give the business traveler a drink instead of internet…

And two drinks per flight is odd…for short trips and solo travelers.  I guess whomever gets the middle seat next to me of going to be rewarded 😆

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@gsking wrote:

Didn’t they change BS from a free drink to free internet?  Are they now offering both? 

it did seem odd to give the business traveler a drink instead of internet…

And two drinks per flight is odd…for short trips and solo travelers.  I guess whomever gets the middle seat next to me of going to be rewarded 😆

It was additive and not a substitution - BS gets wifi plus a drink now.

@gsking wrote:

Bring them both right now please! Or be nice like you and share. 🤣

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

Greetings All:

Here's the content of the Southwest email that was sent this morning (w/ no media bias!)

RR Changes 1of2.pngRR Changes 2of2.png