Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Status and companion pass

bfabre
Explorer C

Does it make any sense to anyone else that you lose status, but maintain Companion Pass? I'm working more and more from home now and not traveling as much. So over the years I've had to fly less and less, but I'm still using my SWA credit card. So I've gone from 10+ years of A-list preferred, to just A-list last year and finally this year, no status at all. Seems like there still should be some sort of qualifier for status if you maintain Companion Status????  

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Status and companion pass

dfwskier
Aviator A

To keep status, for the most part, you actually have to fly - of course you could get enough qualifying points by spending lots of money on our RR credit card - you earn 1500 qualifying points for every $5000 you spend so to earn the 35,000 points needed to get A-List you'd have to spend over $115,000.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bfabre wrote:

Does it make any sense to anyone else that you lose status, but maintain Companion Pass? I'm working more and more from home now and not traveling as much. So over the years I've had to fly less and less, but I'm still using my SWA credit card. So I've gone from 10+ years of A-list preferred, to just A-list last year and finally this year, no status at all. Seems like there still should be some sort of qualifier for status if you maintain Companion Status????  

Companion Pass no - the role is really disassociated from flying with the credit card contribution.

However I would be in favor of some lifetime status or gradual step back where if you drop one year you might be given a promotional status to see if you can bounce back. They do sent promotional offers sometimes.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

epcot
Adventurer C

They essentially have this - WN's status match (and business employee offer if you qualify) are the absolute easiest in the business, as low as 2 RTs and eligible every 12 months. I have had A-List for years due to this despite never making 20 flights.