Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Chase & TQP's

MrJBStanton
Explorer C

I notice that I only got 1500 TQP's this month but met the requirements for 3,000 TQP from the Chase requirements.  How can this get updated?

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Chase & TQP's

dfwskier
Aviator A

Have you thought about contacting Chase?

MrJBStanton
Explorer C

I tried, but they were no help. 

kingsmatt80
Adventurer C
Solution

If it is from a December 2023 spend, it still falls under the spend $10,000 / earn 1,500 TQPs.  Spending after January 1, 2024 falls under the new $5,000 / 1,500 TQPs.

MrJBStanton
Explorer C

Thanks, I’ll try that. I figured that the statement date drove it

bballflyer
Adventurer C

I read it is based on posted date, not the purchase date.  Where did you find it is based on purchase date?  I have contacted chase and the customer service seems to think it should be based on posted date but is checking with their powers above to confirm

bballflyer
Adventurer C

I pulled this directly from SW website:

Tier Qualifying Points For Business Cards: Tier qualifying points (TQPs) are earned from revenue flights booked through Southwest Airlines® or when you, or an employee, use the eligible Southwest Rapid Rewards® Credit Card from Chase to make purchases of products and services, minus returns or refunds. (You'll earn 1,500 for each $5,000 in purchases annually. "Annually" means the year beginning with your account open date through the first December statement date of that same year, and each 12 billing cycles starting after your December statement date through the following December statement date.) TQPs earned during a billing cycle on a eligible Southwest Rapid Rewards® Credit Card from Chase are not available for qualification for benefits such as A-List and A-List Preferred status until they are posted to your Rapid Rewards® account. The following will not count toward qualification for A-List or A-List Preferred status: Rapid Rewards program enrollment points; Rapid Rewards reward flights; Rapid Rewards Companion Pass® travel; Rapid Rewards partner points except for TQPs earned on the eligible Southwest Rapid Rewards® Credit Card from Chase; Rapid Rewards bonus points, unless specifically designated as such; non-revenue travel, unless specifically designated as eligible; stops at intermediate cities on connecting or through flights; and charter flights. TQPs are not redeemable for travel on Southwest® or through the "More Rewards" site. Eligible credit cards: Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card, or Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card.

bbland
Adventurer C

Based on this, shouldn’t everything from the statement that started in December count towards the next year qualification?  My statement went 12/6/23 to 1/6/24. I had $21,000 in spend & only got 4,500 Tier Qualifying points. Most of my spend was in December. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bbland wrote:

Based on this, shouldn’t everything from the statement that started in December count towards the next year qualification?  My statement went 12/6/23 to 1/6/24. I had $21,000 in spend & only got 4,500 Tier Qualifying points. Most of my spend was in December. 

Was there any part of the spend that was ineligible like buying some gift cards or something?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bbland
Adventurer C

No. In fact, the bulk of it was one big transaction for my property taxes.