Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel Funds

peace
Explorer C
I made three reservations but could not take any of those three flights. I tried to cancel those reservations online before the departure time of those flights but could not do so because I was traveling internationally at that time. Apparently, Southwest.com does not allow one to login to RapidRewards account from outside the country and the only way one can cancel the reservations is by calling the Reservations Dept. However, because I was out of the country at that time, the international calls were incurring huge charges for me. So, I chose the option of Southwest going ahead and auto-canceling those reservations after the flight departure. Now, I could get the points back to my account but the $5.60 fee was not credited back to my credit card but it was held as travel funds for future flight for all the three reservations. 

I also have the Facebook chat which I did with the Southwest Social Media support staff when I was running into an error when trying to cancel the reservation from outside the country. I can provide that chat transcript as supporting documentation to my request if needed. 

I was wondering how to get the refund of $16.80 which are being held as travel funds back to my credit card. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Travel Funds

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Assuming all flights were booked with points*, you need to contact Customer Relations (I recommend via Twitter) to request the refund of the travel funds/taxes. Good luck.

*Points bookings do not currently require cancellation prior to departure. However, flights  using any other payment method are subject to the no-show policy. If not canceled at least 10 minutes prior to departure all funds from the itinerary are forfeited.