Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Using different pay options

kingjf67
Explorer C

I am trying to book a flight using travel points...I don't have enough, but I cant see a way to use my travel funds to pay for additional points....I'll.still have some cash payment but not as much...is there a way to do this...or should I just calla dnsee if it can be done?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Using different pay options

bballflyer
Adventurer C

Currently you cannot mix payment types for a single reservation or even one that you are booking for multiple people.  At the end of 2023 SW announced it will be rolling out the ability to pay with points and cash combined this spring, but I have not seen any announcement on the timeline.  One would hope it is coming soon.  You could call customer service to see if they know, but I doubt they do.

Re: Using different pay options

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@kingjf67 wrote:

I am trying to book a flight using travel points...I don't have enough, but I cant see a way to use my travel funds to pay for additional points....I'll.still have some cash payment but not as much...is there a way to do this...or should I just calla dnsee if it can be done?

One idea would be to maximize point usage by booking one-way tickets then you can use points on one leg and cash on the other.

Otherwise your booking has to be all cash equivalents or all points but not both - that feature is supposed to launched soon to allow points plus cash but not available yet.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.