Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Using business CC points transfer credit

jasonburgess
Explorer C

I have both of the SW business credit cards that come with the perk of up to $500 in credits for points transfers on each card per year for a total potential credit of $1k. Last year, I used it to transfer a portion of my points to my daughter and son in law's account to help them get away for their honeymoon. I'm thinking of referring my wife for the SW personal CC while the bonus is at 85k points. Will I qualify for the business CC points transfer credit if I use my card to transfer Her new points into my RR account? The reason is that I would prefer to use my A-List Preferred status when booking our travel.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Using business CC points transfer credit

dfwskier
Aviator A

I   think the points transfer credit from Chase only works if you want to transfer your own points. EDIT  ADD: BASED ON THE POST BELOW MINE, I WILL STAND CORRECTED

You could have your wife buy your ticket with her points  and you'll be able to use your A-List Preferred status on the trip

kingsmatt80
Adventurer C
Solution

Short answer is yes.  I just used my Perf Business card to transfer 11,000 points from my wife's account to mine.  Cost was $110.00.  Was credited the next day by Chase, and received an email saying "Congratulations - you just used one of your card member benefits..."

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

That makes sense - kind of like priority boarding upgrades they don’t care who it is that is upgraded, only that it is a charge for using that feature that can be reimbursed.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jasonburgess wrote:

I have both of the SW business credit cards that come with the perk of up to $500 in credits for points transfers on each card per year for a total potential credit of $1k. Last year, I used it to transfer a portion of my points to my daughter and son in law's account to help them get away for their honeymoon. I'm thinking of referring my wife for the SW personal CC while the bonus is at 85k points. Will I qualify for the business CC points transfer credit if I use my card to transfer Her new points into my RR account? The reason is that I would prefer to use my A-List Preferred status when booking our travel.

But agreed - giving your kids a “no questions asked” transfer is different than your wife’s account you can just book tickets from her points for anyone including yourself and the passenger’s status will still apply. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.