Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Would you do this for the Companion Pass?

melynn44
Explorer A

Shoot, I wish I would have thought of this before I cancelled the January flight for my expected companion. 

Well I booked it on points so...I suppose it wouldn't do any harm to re-book it for now. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@melynn44 wrote:

Shoot, I wish I would have thought of this before I cancelled the January flight for my expected companion. 

Well I booked it on points so...I suppose it wouldn't do any harm to re-book it for now. 

Yes, if you want insurance then (re)book the companion's ticket on points. Then you have hit locked in, that would protect you in case the promotional qualifying flights don't go as planned or if the flight sells out before you can add the companion then you'll have a seat to trade. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@melynn44 wrote:

I did end up booking a later return flight, as it cost less. But I intend to keep an eye on my original flight. I'm okay either way. My original flight was at 5:30 am, and I wasn't really too eager to get up for that early a flight. But, it did get me home earlier; the flight I ended up selecting is about 6 hours later, so that's a bit of a bummer. But....I'll keep an eye on it. 

Try to keep it untouched now, the terms of the promotion will say something along the lines of "changes invalidate the promotion" so you should keep what you have.

I've heard people using WGA+ or other standby options still qualified in previous contests but making a change in advance to the ticket could knock you out of qualifying.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.