Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Apple Pay reservation issue

Krissy4041
Explorer C

Hi! So I just recently booked my tickets via the app using a gift card and Apple Pay. I didn’t receive the confirmation email but charges are pending. I Googled this since it is unusual for me to not receive the confirmation email almost immediately following. I came upon prior posts regarding Apple Pay issues via SWA app.

My concern and question is; should the reservation NOT go thru and I have to rebook, will I be able to use the gift card again?? The one time I use Apple Pay for airline tickets is also the one time I have a gift card, too….just trying to see if there will be any issues using the gift card should funds get back to me. 

TIA!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Apple Pay reservation issue

floridaguy
Aviator C

Why everyone wants to use some obscure software to book and pay through Southwest is beyond me.  

epcot
Adventurer B

I would argue Apple Pay is not obscure software... but in either case the OP's reservation failing to ticket for payment authorization failure will result in the release of any holds on any payment methods that were used

tnflying
Explorer C

I made a flight reservation and paid using apple pay. I did not receive an email confirmation but the charges showed as pending immediately on my credit card. I wasn't aware so many customers had problems with apple pay transactions so I waited 3 days, but the pending charge did not post and no confirmation on the flight. I called SW customer service and was told sometimes apple pay transactions do not work and the charge should come off of the credit card but the timing depends on the card vendor. So I did not get my flight reservation (ie. I had to rebooked it again 3 days later with a regular credit card) and also I do not know when the pending charge will removed from my credit card. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

The only  thing apending charge does is reserve some of your avaialble credit. As long as you are not as risk of exceeding your credit limit, don;t worry about it. When the pending charge drops off, your full credit limit will be restored.

05bardic
Adventurer C

Interesting. Another user reported the same issue this week when using Apple Pay. I'm surprised that this has been a known issue for months and SW still offers it as a payment option.

Would be nice if there were somewhere to put a PSA not to use Apple Pay with Southwest. 

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Reservations/SOUTHWEST-TOOK-MY-MONEY/m-p/171898#M8476