Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Bad Experience with Customer Service

5martinezfamily
Explorer C

Southwest used to be my #1 airline. I even got their credit card, but 2 weeks ago my nightmare started.  I had a flight on 12/31 from Pensacola to Chicago, and I had to cancel because one of my kids tested positive for covid.  Now, I've been trying to book our flights again to go celebrate my grandson's birthday. Since I don't know how to do the ticket credits online, I decided to call customer service.  I'm looking on their website the days and prices available.  I specifically tell  the man the flight and time I wanted to take.  He said " sorry, that's not available",  my response to him was "how come? Your website says it is".  The guy responded to me " then you do it yourself, and hung up the phone.  I've been trying to fugure ut down, and now the tickets are double the price I was looking for.  There's always that rotten that mess everything uo for the other ones.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bad Experience with Customer Service

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

While it's not cool that you were hung up on, I'm not sure why you are having trouble booking using the travel funds online and why you waited so long to book that ticket prices doubled.  It's pretty simple.  Find the flight you want, then in the payment info section you'll see an option to apply travel funds.  Type in the confirmation number and passenger name associated with that confirmation number and apply.  You'll see the amount credited to your purchase.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Bad Experience with Customer Service

bec102896
Aviator A

I have had a few times where I get an agent at a company who can't help so I just call back and hope the next agent can help. Waiting for the price to double will create an issue that no one can help. In your case I would have just called back immediately to get help from someone else. 

Now with not available when you searched online did you have the right number of people in your search it's possible only a couple seats were left and you needed more than what existed. 

-Blake