Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Issues with Southwest Hotels

nanmill365
Explorer C

I'm so frustrated. I booked a hotel using Southwest Hotels, which apparently goes to Booking.com. I never received a confirmation email and now because I don't have a confirmation and PIN I cannot get any information from anyone. My credit card was charged, the hotel says they have a reservation but can't tell me anything or give me any confirmation because it was booked by a third party. I tried calling the 888 number for booking.com but they want the confirmation and PIN which they never sent me. I did the resend email multiple times and still nothing. I emailed them, but their replies keep asking for the confirmation number. I finally called the international phone number thinking talking to someone might help. But, after 20 minutes I was told they can't do anything, send an email. Today I was notified now I have a $50 charge for the international call and I am no closer to getting this resolved. The last email I got said probably the reservation didn't complete so my card should be refunded in 7-10 days and the reservation canceled. So, now what? I wait to rebook until I get my money back? What if a room is no longer available? This is totally ridiculous! Is there not someone at Southwest that can help with this stuff???? ~ extremely disappointed and frustrated. This is my first bad experience doing something through Southwest. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Issues with Southwest Hotels

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

@nanmill365 wrote:

I'm so frustrated. I booked a hotel using Southwest Hotels, which apparently goes to Booking.com. I never received a confirmation email and now because I don't have a confirmation and PIN I cannot get any information from anyone. My credit card was charged, the hotel says they have a reservation but can't tell me anything or give me any confirmation because it was booked by a third party. I tried calling the 888 number for booking.com but they want the confirmation and PIN which they never sent me. I did the resend email multiple times and still nothing. I emailed them, but their replies keep asking for the confirmation number. I finally called the international phone number thinking talking to someone might help. But, after 20 minutes I was told they can't do anything, send an email. Today I was notified now I have a $50 charge for the international call and I am no closer to getting this resolved. The last email I got said probably the reservation didn't complete so my card should be refunded in 7-10 days and the reservation canceled. So, now what? I wait to rebook until I get my money back? What if a room is no longer available? This is totally ridiculous! Is there not someone at Southwest that can help with this stuff???? ~ extremely disappointed and frustrated. This is my first bad experience doing something through Southwest. 

Hello! I'm a frequent customer of Southwest Hotels...The confirmation email is usually delivered no later than the first few hours of booking (mostly within the first few minutes after booking) after you see the "You're All Set" confirmation screen on the webpage. Since it appears you never received the email, I would try the following:

• Go to Southwesthotels.com and click on "Manage My Booking". Click on "Resend Confirmation Email" below the "Can't find confirmation email" link by entering your email address.

The email should arrive within the next few minutes. If the email doesn't show, double check junk/spam. If that still doesn't work, it's possible that the email address that was entered at the time of booking was entered incorrectly. If that's the case, a Southwest Hotels/Booking.com rep will need to help you (note that this department is separate from Southwest Airlines Customer Service):

Here's the Southwest Hotels/Booking.com contact details:

concierge@southwesthotels.com
1-844-782-9792
773-770-4953

If you were not able to capture your confirmation number and/or receipt on the confirmation screen following your purchase, let the rep know that you did not receive the confirmation email and therefore don't have the confirmation number for your reservation.

A tip that I've always done for travel regardless of carrier or hotel: Always Print or Save to PDF the confirmation page before closing the browser window in case the confirmation e-mail fails to deliver.

nanmill365
Explorer C

Thank you! That contact information was helpful and a representative was able to confirm my booking and send me a confirmation email. 

I wish that contact information was provided on the website somewhere. It sure would make this process much easier. 

puppie96
Explorer B

I just had the same issue.  I called the number listed and got a woman who said she couldn't find my reservation.  She then said that "somebody other than" them must have booked the reservation (!?)  I asked her if she meant that "some other" vendor than bookings.com would have booked a reservation through the Southwest site and she was really evasive but didn't say "no."  I tried asking the question a different way (language problem perhaps?) and asked whether she was suggesting that I made the reservation directly with the hotel and then just "forgot" or something, and that considering that I've been reserving the same way for the last year, that I knew how I made the reservation.  She then told me to call the hotel itself and when I did that, they said that they couldn't look up a reservation without a confirmation number.  

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

Hello-

Since the rep cannot locate your reservation, please confirm that you attempted to book your hotel either via Southwesthotels.com or RocketMiles not via another service. Do you have a charge posted to your bank/credit card statement that reads something like RTI*SWHOTELS (HOTEL NAME)?

E.g.: "RTI*SWHOTELS HOLIDAYLONDON GB"

If so, I would try calling again and provide them with record of the transaction so they can better trace it. If the charge looks different, it is likely through another provider.

Southwest Hotels/Booking.com contact details:

concierge@southwesthotels.com
1-844-782-9792
773-770-4953

floridaguy
Aviator C

Using Southwest Hotels is like buying a "great condition" lawn mower at a garage sale.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@floridaguy ??? I've actually got 2 lawn mowers that I've bought at yard sales right now and both run great.