Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Business Select and Companion seating position

thorny
Explorer A

Hi all; 

I purchased a Business Select fare and expected my Companion to receive a consecutive boarding assignment.  I have searched through the online terms and conditions and can't find text indicating this scenario.  I also looked through other discussions and see others have stated that the purchase of a Business Select fare does not receive the consecutive assignment for the companion but I'd just like to see where the text is located.  Anyone have a correct link?  

Appreciate it.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Business Select and Companion seating position

dfwskier
Aviator A

A1-A15 are only available for sale. Thus anyone with a BS fare will not get consecutive boarding positions as giving away A1-A15 to a companion is not the same as selling it.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

I found one that's actually out of date since the previous changes to include the companion with sequential boarding:

https://www.southwest.com/help/rapid-rewards/rapid-rewards-program-terms-and-conditions?question=rul...

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@thorny wrote:

Hi all; 

I purchased a Business Select fare and expected my Companion to receive a consecutive boarding assignment.  I have searched through the online terms and conditions and can't find text indicating this scenario.  I also looked through other discussions and see others have stated that the purchase of a Business Select fare does not receive the consecutive assignment for the companion but I'd just like to see where the text is located.  Anyone have a correct link?  

Appreciate it.

I found it @thorny :

Rapid Rewards Updates - Southwest Airlines

DancingDavidE_0-1694032482737.png

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.