Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Canceled flights/LOST bags

temajor
Explorer C

#NewYorkSeniortrip2021 CANCELED

How could you, SW airlines, continue to schedule so many flights without available crew to work the flights!  This is bad business.  With so many disappointments and deaths during COVID 19, just to get back to some type of normalcy is life saving to many of us.  I'm sure you should have known that there would be an increase in travel once the world opened back up.  Your front line workers are doing their best to address the disappointments to your customers but I believe that you, Corporate headquarters, should give them a break and reevaluate what you are doing and only schedule what you can support.  You already know that many people are already struggling financially and this is just putting households in worst situations when you delay or cancel flights.  The expense one has to consider if they have to delay, cancel or stay extended hours in airport can be dishearten and very stressful to many.   All I ask is that you consider that and only schedule what you can afford to support.  At least give people that courtesy.    

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Canceled flights/LOST bags

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

This is a customer to customer forum. You are welcome to submit your comments directly to Southwest. Contact Customer Relations

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Aviator A

Every airline and airport for that matter is dealing with increasing demand and - like most other industries in hospitality - a lack of workers for varying reasons. No one can “know” or predict anything regarding the pandemic or demands for flights. That’s like saying Southwest can predict the weather. They can’t.  

p.s. If your flight was cancelled, how did you lose your bags? 

— Jessica

dfwskier
Aviator A

You do realize that flights are scheduled months in advance? It's nt like SW added a  flight last week and then today says "oops, we have no crew."

Besides most of the trouble two weeks ago was related to three different computer outages, while most of the more recent problems have been weather related.