Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Changing Flight

damielgougharu
Explorer C

I have a flight back to RDU on Saturday the 22nd of July, I have a layover flight into the Baltimore Washington Airport where I would sit for about an hour. I bought the plane ticket as one ticket. Is there anyway i could move my flight from the Baltimore Washington to RDU back a day and stay a day in Maryland?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Changing Flight

dfwskier
Aviator A

@damielgougharu wrote:

You can change any SW ticket. The potential  problem is that when you make a change you pay the prevailing price on the route you want to fly. You do not automatically  get to keep the price you originally paid.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@damielgougharu wrote:

I have a flight back to RDU on Saturday the 22nd of July, I have a layover flight into the Baltimore Washington Airport where I would sit for about an hour. I bought the plane ticket as one ticket. Is there anyway i could move my flight from the Baltimore Washington to RDU back a day and stay a day in Maryland?

Not the way you are describing but yes - you could always change your flight back to end in BWI, and then use any travel credit remaining (if any) to buy a flight from BWI to RDU the next day.

Southwest tries to keep layovers less than four hours with a few exceptions that pop up trying to reach airports with less frequent service.

Do not just get off in BWI even if it is cheaper than changing it - if that happens you'll lose your points for the flight. Also if you did this on the earlier leg it would cancel the rest of your itinerary as a now-show. Any checked bags would also go on to RDU.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

The win-win is if the next flight that you re-book is cheaper, you'll get the credit/miles. 

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger