Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early bird check in credit, 2 per year

gs1004
Explorer C

I'm supposed to receive two (2) free EB check ins when I pay with my Chase rapid rewards card per year. The refund credits are supposed to show on my credit card statement, $50. Southwest told me several different stories. First rep said they went by calendar year, January to December, second rep said it was by the anniversary date (June 1) of the opening of my Rapid Rewards card, now somebody is telling me that it goes by the anniversary date of my first statement which is June 27th. The reason I'm asking is the fact I booked a flight on June 14th for late August relying on the information from SW that my year started on June 1st, and now they say it's the statement anniversary date which means I miss out on the credits for this upcoming flight.  Does anyone know what the policy is and where can I find the information. Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Early bird check in credit, 2 per year

dfwskier
Aviator A

You are asking Southwest emloyees to tell you the rules about the policy of another company: Chase.

Maybe you should be asking Chase.

gs1004
Explorer C

I went the SW route first then tried Chase. Chase rep wasn't sure, she said policy wording was fuzzy. I thought maybe someone in this forum might have come across this before.

dfwskier
Aviator A

All I can tell you is that it is not based on calendar year. Is it annicersary of start of account or anniversary of first statement date, IDK.

fltraveler30
Explorer B

You see the status of your credits in the online Chase Account under the Rewards Dashboard.

fltraveler30_0-1719494307197.png

gs1004
Explorer C

Thanks for the information. I see it now. My contention was that the SW agent said my anniversary date was June so I could use the benefit after June 1st, which I did. Little did I know the clock resets "AFTER" my June statement at the end of June. I don't have any problem following the policy, I only want the correct information concerning the policy. Even the agent at Chase wasn't sure. Rules are rules but it looks like I booked the flight two weeks too early. Again, thanks for the information.