Help I booked a flight for myself (Mom) for Adult daughter

crowpool11
Explorer C
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Help I booked a flight for myself (Mom) for Adult daughter

dfwskier
Aviator A

I think you have two options.

1) If the fares yesterday and today are the same, just cancel the erroneous ticket and then rebook the flight using the correct information. (and the travel fund from the cancelled ticket.)  .or.

2) Contact SW via e-mail and request that it make the change. Click on "contact us" below to proceed.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Third option, just leave it as is. It may affect your ability to get PreCheck, but if you are not registered for PreCheck I don't believe it will have any impact.

--TheMiddleSeat

crowpool11
Explorer C

on the phone - on hold for 2 hrs 20 mins w sw air.  I really appreciate your advice.  I may have to just cancel and rebook,  Its still under 24 hours of purchase.  Wanna get away tickets though.  My family hasn't seen her in over 2 years.  My mom needs to see her. 

Thank you

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Within 24 hours and price is the same? Hang up, cancel, and rebook if you really want to make sure the birthdate is correct. 

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

Just FYI

If you cancel within 24 hours, you are eligible for a full refund to your original form of payment -- although that does not sound like what you want.

Cancelling and rebooking sure sounds a lot easier than waiting on the phone for over 2 hours.