Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SOUTHWEST TOOK MY MONEY!!

Keishawashingto
Explorer C

I booked a flight for my aunt online. The payment came out of my bank account but there is no registration and they can’t find it. The flight is in a couple days!!! This is for my aunt to see my sister graduate LAW SCHOOL which is a huge deal in my family. They said there is nothing they can do about it but give me a 24 hour hold on the price but it’s been 3 days already!! 

10 REPLIES 10

Re: SOUTHWEST TOOK MY MONEY!!

05bardic
Adventurer C

Since you made the booking online, you should have received an email with the flight confirmation #. Maybe check your spam folder?

Keishawashingto
Explorer C

It’s not there. I called southwest and they said this is a known error. They don’t have a record of the flight 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Keishawashingto wrote:

It’s not there. I called southwest and they said this is a known error. They don’t have a record of the flight 

There's no known error of them receiving money and not issuing a flight.

There is some other detail not yet mentioned or to be discovered - were you using Paypal or one of the non-credit card payment options?

Otherwise if they have the money then there would be a ticket in someone's name waiting to be claimed, and a receipt sent to some email address even if was supposed to be yours but got entered incorrectly.

If the issue with the payment was that they seemed to take it, then it didn't complete and you'll get the money back you won't have a ticket, you'll need to re-purchase.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Does your aunt have a Rapid Rewards account and did you use the RR number on the reservation?

If so, the reservation wil show up in your aunt's RR account.

Keishawashingto
Explorer C

They said the booking does not exist. 

bec102896
Aviator A

Did you accidentally book though a site pretending to be Southwest Airlines?

dfwskier
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

Did you accidentally book though a site pretending to be Southwest Airlines?

I hadn't thought of that, but it would not be the first time.

Keishawashingto
Explorer C

No, I did not. Southwest stated this is a known error that occurs when using Apple Pay. The code on my bank shows it was Southwest

bec102896
Aviator A

@Keishawashingto wrote:

No, I did not. Southwest stated this is a known error that occurs when using Apple Pay. The code on my bank shows it was Southwest

You could try reaching out to Southwest on Facebook or Twitter (X) in a DM and maybe they can help and if you provide proof of the purchase on your side Maybe they can reprice a new booking based on your your original cost