Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Changed Flight - Arrival/Departure at same time

mmorseth
Explorer C

Southwest changed my flight...I arrive from Puerto Rico into Orlando at 4:55. I apparently need to change planes (fine)...to get on a flight that leaves at 4:55. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE? Booked through Chase Sapphire Travel. Chase still shows my original itinerary (was supposed to arrive at 4:30 and leave at 5:25). I only figured out the flight change when I went to add my husband's service dog to his reservation. 

This is the most absurd thing! I checked to see options - they have a flight that would get us in at 3:05, giving us plenty of time. They have seats left. Why on EARTH wouldn't they change us to that flight? I've now been on hold for for 26 minutes trying to figure this out b/c Southwest won't let me change online and Chase says I need to call Southwest. 

Furious... changing a flight to one that has an impossible (literally) connection is basically cheating bc now I will prob have to spend $ to change to a possible solution. Thanks, Southwest. I don't think I will fly with this airline EVER again. So much for a stressless vacation. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Southwest Changed Flight - Arrival/Departure at same time

05bardic
Adventurer C

@mmorseth wrote:

Southwest changed my flight...I arrive from Puerto Rico into Orlando at 4:55. I apparently need to change planes (fine)...to get on a flight that leaves at 4:55. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE? Booked through Chase Sapphire Travel. Chase still shows my original itinerary (was supposed to arrive at 4:30 and leave at 5:25). I only figured out the flight change when I went to add my husband's service dog to his reservation. 

This is the most absurd thing! I checked to see options - they have a flight that would get us in at 3:05, giving us plenty of time. They have seats left. Why on EARTH wouldn't they change us to that flight? I've now been on hold for for 26 minutes trying to figure this out b/c Southwest won't let me change online and Chase says I need to call Southwest. 

Furious... changing a flight to one that has an impossible (literally) connection is basically cheating bc now I will prob have to spend $ to change to a possible solution. Thanks, Southwest. I don't think I will fly with this airline EVER again. So much for a stressless vacation. 

You will not need to pay a fare difference to choose a new flight when this happens, they will change it for you for free. Instead of waiting on hold, I like to contact them through Twitter DM because they usually get my change processed within minutes. In fact I just did it yesterday because another one of my flights affected by the recent schedule changes. 

Re: Southwest Changed Flight - Arrival/Departure at same time

dfwskier
Aviator A

Potential complication: if you booked the ticket thru chase saphire travel, you may need to make the change thru chase saphire travel.