Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Southwest Flight Schedule Change - not giving option to change

changhakim
Explorer C

I totally agree with you in that SWA never stated in its email that we have 14 days from the notice to change the flight.  So, it is fair to assume you can change your flight without paying a fee outside this 14 day window.  SWA should "grandfather" us in so we can change out flight without a fee outside the 14 days period.

pilotgirl21
Explorer C

I agree, you should still be able to make the change online if the schedule was changed before this update.  I gave customer service a call and was able to get my flight changed for free.  I'm thinking they are probably getting quite a few calls on this.

bec102896
Aviator A

@ChrisPerry wrote:

Happy Friday! Jumping in from the SWA team here.

We recently made a system update to properly reflect our rebooking eligibility window.  If Southwest makes a change to a Customer's trip, they have up to 14 days to make two complimentary flight changes on our website or app.  Customers can find additional information on this policy and our contact information on our help center.

We appreciate you reaching out. 

@ChrisPerry 

The issue here is none of the schedule change emails show this policy change and honestly a customer should be able to make the free change whenever they want one example of your scheduled to travel on a busy day and the non stop you would rather have is full you have to hope it becomes available within 14 days or pay up that’s not fair to customers 

one example I’m supposed to go to MSY on October 25th same time lots of others are going there for Taylor swift the non stop I want is sold out if it becomes available now I’d have to pay that’s just silly since the change you made happened over 14 days a go. 

Also not everyone notices the changes right away you send one email if it goes to a spam folder or someone else (say grandma instead of a child’s parent) they may not notice the change until later on