Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

cancel a flight without confirmation number or email

abuchert
Explorer C

I booked a flight for my elderly mom with her credit card but we cannot find the email with the confirmation number. I have checked every email we have and I believe I might have permanently deleted it when I was running out of room on google storage. We have the credit card statement with the ticket number but the chat bot nor website allows for this option (unlike American Airlines). What should I do? Calling SW said it is more than an hour hold time! 

Help!!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: cancel a flight without confirmation number or email

dfwskier
Aviator A

try twitter -- X -- whatever. Wait til you are in DM mode before you share the ticket number.

If she has a Rapid Rewards number and you used it, you can find it in her account

Your competing with lots of people impacted by Hurricane Hillary - wait times will be long

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@abuchert wrote:

I booked a flight for my elderly mom with her credit card but we cannot find the email with the confirmation number. I have checked every email we have and I believe I might have permanently deleted it when I was running out of room on google storage. We have the credit card statement with the ticket number but the chat bot nor website allows for this option (unlike American Airlines). What should I do? Calling SW said it is more than an hour hold time! 

Help!!

Hello-

As @dfwskier mentioned, did you create or have a Rapid Rewards account that is linked to this flight? If so, you should be able to recover the Confirmation number and cancel the flight directly from your profile.

If no account, what date did you schedule your flight? If it's a number of days away, you should be getting a second follow-up promotional email on booking a hotel that usually comes in approximately two days after you initially book your flight:

MM/DD (Desitnation City) trip (Confirmation): Have you booked your hotel?

Your confirmation # would be in the subject line. If you don't get this email I would try contacting Customer Service again to confirm the airline has your correct email but after 8/21 if able due to the increased call demand from persons needing to rebook their flights due to Hurricane Hillary.

abuchert
Explorer C

Thank you. She doesn't think she has a rapid rewards account. My mistake for not signing her up but I will call after the 21st. 

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@abuchert wrote:

Thank you. She doesn't think she has a rapid rewards account. My mistake for not signing her up but I will call after the 21st. 

You should also be getting the promotional follow up email about booking a hotel today (if it didn't come yesterday). Confirmation # should be in the subject line. If you don't get the email by end-of-day today, then it's possible the airline has an incorrect email for the booking. I would call them tomorrow if that's the case.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@SoCalFlyer97 wrote:

@abuchert wrote:

You should also be getting the promotional follow up email about booking a hotel today (if it didn't come yesterday). Confirmation # should be in the subject line. If you don't get the email by end-of-day today, then it's possible the airline has an incorrect email for the booking. I would call them tomorrow if that's the case.

And don't just browse emails from Southwest there may be too many depending what you've signed up for, cross-promotions with Chase, etc. 

Look specifically for these strings in the search feature of the most likely email accounts:

• "you're going to" City Name
  • "what you'll need for your" City Name trip

Both of these emails that you received should include the confirmation number.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.