Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Airports Southwest Needs to Fly to

Jillianb9
New Arrival

I believe that Southwest needs to start flying to Bangor, ME. I've been using Southwest for a few years now to fly from Texas to Maine and it's so hard flying into Portland and then having to drive two-three hours north to where I actually need to go. Even if it was a smaller flight that would go from Portland to Bangor that would be fine. But ideally having a connection in Baltimore heading to Bangor would be great. It's such an inconvenience having to drive those extra few hours after already spending an entire day of flying. I think it's really something they should consider. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Airports Southwest Needs to Fly to

dfwskier
Top Contributor

Sounds like good idea

Your best bet is to tell the airline that you' d like to see that happen.. Here's how to do that

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Submitting-a-Suggestion-and-or-Complaint/ta-p/8724...

bec102896
Top Contributor

Funny you mention Bangor, ME. I just had to book my brother on United today to/from Bangor because SW doesn't fly there maybe someday though but for now your best bet is to share your suggestion with southwest directly on Facebook or Twitter. 

-Blake

Jillianb9
New Arrival

Thanks Blake! I've tried out American Airlines or United but never have a very good experience with them so thats why I always choose SW. I'll definitely look into this solution tho. Thanks again! 

CupCrusher40

With  the cost of living in suburbs, like school, family, food, many airlines ignore cities not to be rude but no demand 

Bill5303
New Arrival

I wish SWA would consider serving AVL (Asheville, NC). 

parpitt1

If they can fill planes to and from a given city they will beat path to get gate space at the local airport. If they can't project a reasonable profit it just isn't going to happen🙁.

I remember when SWA flew to Key West, but they scrapped that destination 5 or 6 years ago, just couldn't fill the planes