Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Chicago to St Louis

Mnigma
Explorer C

I fly frequently from St Louis to Chicago for work. Most often a round trip same day. There seems to be a long period between direct flights in the afternoon. If anyone is trying to return after a morning meeting they have a 6 hour delay. Why is there not a 3 or 4 pm flight?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Chicago to St Louis

dfwskier
Aviator A

There's probsbly insufficient demand to justify a flight like that.

Re: Chicago to St Louis

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Mnigma wrote:

I fly frequently from St Louis to Chicago for work. Most often a round trip same day. There seems to be a long period between direct flights in the afternoon. If anyone is trying to return after a morning meeting they have a 6 hour delay. Why is there not a 3 or 4 pm flight?

Capturing all of the day trippers in the evening?

I'm scanning a few different days in January and that seems like pretty good coverage overall, sorry your appointment ends too early, but not early enough.

Maybe plan on a late lunch at Manny's Deli or something and then come on down for that later afternoon flight. 

There are plans for a priority pass lounge in the works which would be great for arriving at the airport early with a wait for your flight but I'm not sure of the timing on that. Hopefully next year.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.