Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

PLEASE -- BRING SOUTHWEST TO KNOXVILLE, TENNESSEE -- ASAP

LKMCNEALY
Explorer C

Please....
Bring Southwest Airlines to Knoxville, Tennessee (TYS). 
The sooner the better!  It is tough to have to drive to Nashville from 1 hour North of Knoxville to fly on Southwest.... and then have to drive another 4 hours back home on return.  Your airline would do AWESOME in this area.  ✈️ ✔️ ‼️

4 REPLIES 4

Re: PLEASE -- BRING SOUTHWEST TO KNOXVILLE, TENNESSEE -- ASAP

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@LKMCNEALY wrote:

Please....
Bring Southwest Airlines to Knoxville, Tennessee (TYS). 
The sooner the better!  It is tough to have to drive to Nashville from 1 hour North of Knoxville to fly on Southwest.... and then have to drive another 4 hours back home on return.  Your airline would do AWESOME in this area.  ✈️ ✔️ ‼️

Hello!

Thanks for sharing your suggestion. Since this forum is customer-to-customer and may not reach airline staff, would you forward it directly to Southwest Customer Service so that it can be processed.

https://www.southwest.com/html/contact-us/

Thanks!

floridaguy
Aviator C

I completed an intensive study of this request a few months ago, which included calls to both Southwest and to McGhee Tyson Airport (Knoxville) as well as independent research.

In short, there are no immediate or foreseeable plans to add Knoxville TN to the network.  Even after the airport spent millions in a renovation, Southwest didn't even blink.

On a personal note, I do not want Southwest to add Knoxville TN to the network as there are far many other airports where we, as shareholders, can do better financially.

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

@floridaguy wrote:

there are far many other airports where we, as shareholders, can do better financially.

I’m kind of curious of the airports you have in mind. I’d like to compare it with my list of where I think would be good opportunities for Southwest. 

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest

bballflyer
Adventurer C

Thank you