Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Application for Flight Attendant

Bluebeard64
Explorer C

Hi Southwest,

I have a question about the application process. I applied on Jan 23, 2023. I received a hospitality phone call for which the interviewer said I would hear back within a week. That was like June… My status still shows in “In Process”. I’m planning on applying on the 26th, but was curious about the status from the January applications. Has anyone had this happen? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Application for Flight Attendant

ktuck5
Explorer C

I applied during that cycle as well and have just booked my in person interview in Dallas.

Bluebeard64
Explorer C

Interestingly enough, on the 26th I applied. Within an hour they invited me to Dallas. I booked my flight and was waiting for confirmation. Last night I received an email stating after the initial review of my application, I was not going to move forward because of more competitive candidates. What the  🤬. I am very qualified with over 7 years of flying experience and 3 years in Operations and General Aviation. I have a medical background and management experience. Over 25 years of Customer Service…, I’m so confused about this and upset to say the least. How can this be to bring a candidates hopes up like that and pull the rug out. Very disappointing. 

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey, @Bluebeard64!

So sorry for the confusion surrounding your application to the Flight Attendant (R-2023-18425)! I hope you've hear back from our Teams by now, but that email removing you from the process was in error. Because you applied to both the January 2023 and September 2023 Flight Attendant postings, there were some crossed wires happening behind the scenes, but that is all resolved now. 

We're excited to meet you soon!