Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Job application

Sdavis1996
Explorer C

Hey SW team,

My name is Savannah Davis and I’ve applied to Southwest a few times but unfortunately I haven’t had any luck with getting an interview. I just wanted to kindly ask for any tips for me to at least get an interview. I recently tried again and applied for the Supervisor Flight Attendant Position and the Station Admin Coordinator at BWI since I qualify for both. I wondering if there is something that I’m doing wrong. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Job application

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@Sdavis1996 wrote:

Hey SW team,

My name is Savannah Davis and I’ve applied to Southwest a few times but unfortunately I haven’t had any luck with getting an interview. I just wanted to kindly ask for any tips for me to at least get an interview. I recently tried again and applied for the Supervisor Flight Attendant Position and the Station Admin Coordinator at BWI since I qualify for both. I wondering if there is something that I’m doing wrong. 

Hello-

As a fellow traveler, I believe SW's hiring was impacted with the delayed deliveries of new Boeing aircraft that was to replace SW's older 737-700 fleets. The aging planes had to be retired but were not replaced; thus, SW had to reduce or suspend service on some routes this year. That's my speculative guess of why hiring is slow but it's based on the Boeing issue. I would keep checking back.

If the hiring portal is automatically rejecting your application, I would also double check your answers to key questions such as being willing to travel or relocate. The SW Talent Community is also a good place to subscribe to receive updates on job openings:

https://careers.southwestair.com/jointalentcommunity

Hope this helps!

Sdavis1996
Explorer C

Thank you so much for this information 

BrittanyLee
Explorer C

Thanks for the info and for the link.

Texarina
Explorer C

Savannah,

Don't give up. Write a letter to Southwest at PO Box 36647-1 CR, Dallas, Texas 75235. If you are near an airport go to the Southwest counter and ask in person how to obtain an interview. Do not stop asking 'til you get a name/number and interviwer to meet with you. Tenacity leads to success. Go forth and BE RELENTLESS!

Sdavis1996
Explorer C

Thank you so much for your response. I will definitely not give up and keep trying. 

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hi, @Sdavis1996 and all! 

@SoCalFlyer97 is spot on that hiring has been reduced for the 2024 year. That said, there are still great opportunities on the horizon and to be excited about. I would echo their recommendation to join our Talent Community for a monthly newsletter on the hiring world at Southwest! https://careers.southwestair.com/jointalentcommunity

However, I would not recommend arriving to the airport and demanding contact information or an interview. All Candidates must apply to an open position, which you can always review and apply to on our Careers site: https://careers.southwestair.com/. My best advice is to always apply as soon as you see something of interest to you; the sooner your application is received, the sooner our Team may be able to get to your application. We receive many applications for posted roles, and we may not always be able to review all of them. Applying sooner increases your chance of review. 

Additionally, each role has a unique Recruiting Team associated with it. So you may work with with one person when applying to one role, and then another person when applying to a second role. Since each Recruiting Team is customized to the open position, having one person's email or contact information wouldn't serve your job hunt well. 

With all of that being said, keep up your positivity! We're so appreciative that you're interested in a career with Heart, and we hope to connect with you soon! 

- Adrienne, Community Moderator