Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hiring Update

AClark2728
Explorer C

I applied for an AMT position a month ago and have not received any updates. Does anyone know the possible hiring timeline for a position with Southwest? Current application status is in processing but nothing has changed since I applied. I am aware that this could take some time but I just wanted to know if any updates. 

Thank You,

Anthony C

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Hiring Update

stressary6
Explorer C

As i know hiring timelines can vary widely depending on the company's specific hiring process, the volume of applications, the role you applied for, and other factors. 

If your application passes the initial review, you may be invited to participate in additional screening steps such as a phone interview, skills assessment, or video interview. This can take another few weeks to complete. Depending on the role, there may be multiple rounds of interviews, possibly involving in-person interviews, panel interviews, or interviews with various team members. Coordinating schedules and evaluating candidates can extend this phase. Sometimes, unexpected delays can occur in any of the above steps. It could be due to changes in the company's hiring priorities, internal processes, or unforeseen circumstances. 

Given that your current application status is still listed as "in processing," it's possible that your application is still under review, and the company has not yet reached a decision. If you're concerned about the status of your application, you could consider reaching out to the company's HR or recruiting team for an update. Many companies provide contact information for inquiries related to job applications.

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey there, @AClark2728!

If you have the requisition number (R-2023-_____) handy, I would be so happy to see where our Team is at in the process! 

AClark2728
Explorer C

Hello  the Requisition number is R-2023-29420 Aircraft Maintenance Technician - Atlanta GA - ATL -.

Thank you very much for looking into this for me.

@adrienneb

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Thank you so much! 

Our Team is actively reviewing applications in the order received, and it looks like you should be hearing an update to set up a phone interview very soon. Keep an eye on your email inbox (and junk/spam folders - just in case) for outreach from our Recruiting Team in the next few days! 

AClark2728
Explorer C

Okay that is great!! Thank you very much @adrienneb 

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

So happy to help! Best of luck, @AClark2728!