Tmike92
Adventurer B
Solution

Tomorrow is my first day too! 

nerves are at 100 rn.

Re: Just been cleared!!!

msmo71
Adventurer C

Good luck! Let us know how your first day went. 

BrianAJo615
Adventurer C

Sorry for the late check in. I’m currently on Day 3 of training!!! So far I love it everyone has been super friendly and welcoming. First and foremost in big and bold letters BE ON TIME !!!! They let it be known front and center to be on time!!! Starting out everyone will be on a 6 months probation so there is no time for error as far as tardinesses or missing days. Right now we are learning about policies, security, and the way everything operates. It’s A LOT of information but needed to keep everyone safe. The next 2 weeks we will be on the floor shadowing coworkers and seeing first hand our job task. After that we will be heading to Dallas for two weeks. 

msmo71
Adventurer C

Awesome! Thanks for checking in! Keep us updated on your progress!

BrianAJo615
Adventurer C

Well we completed our local airport class room training and yesterday we got a chance to go on the floor and shadow different people. I think the ramp agents will be with their trainers today. Overall everything is moving smoothly… The Next 2 weeks will be our training on different jobs on the floor as far as Ticketing, baggage claim, and gate so I’m excited. After these next two weeks we will be sent to Dallas 💪🏽

msmo71
Adventurer C

Nice! Sounds exciting! I’m changing career paths (from higher education) and I’m soooo looking forward to what’s in store at SWA!

BrianAJo615
Adventurer C

@msmo71 it’s a major career path change for me as well. I’m happy and excited😊

stephscott
Explorer B

@BrianAJo615  Hi !!

I’ll be starting soon at BNA. Is there a set schedule for the classroom training schedule for week 1 ? 

BrianAJo615
Adventurer C

@stephscott. AWESOME!!!!! First off congratulations!!!!! The first day will be orientation where you pretty much are meeting management and supervisors for CSA, Ramp, and Ops. The first day I think we met around 8AM. The second day you will start your Class room training and we had to be there at 5:30AM start time 6AM-2:30PM and we kept that schedule the remainder of the first week.  In Orientation they will give you a print out of your schedule for the entire month all the way leading up to going to Dallas. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be on time!!!!! Be mindful of the employee parking get there early enough to allow time for the shuttle to get you to the airport. 

stephscott
Explorer B

Thank you and Congratulations to you as well Thanks so much for the detailed information! See you soon co-worker 🙂