Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Residency

cmc1988
Explorer C

Hello,

I have applied for several positions that I believe I would have been a good fit for and keep getting the email that they have move to other competitive applicants. I am currently living in New Mexico, but I am planning on moving to Dallas very soon and wanting to have a career prior to moving. Would my current residency be the reason my resume is being overlooked or not considered and would there be any recommendations to be a more competitive candidate?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Residency

dfwskier
Aviator A

Some jobs clearly state that you must currently reside in a given state. If you do not, and apply anyway you will get rejected.

If there is no such requirement for a job, then you have a shot at it.

adrienneb
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi there, @cmc1988!

Thanks so much for reaching out with your question! 

I took a closer look, and three out of the four positions you've applied for over the last month were hybrid positions, which requires at least three days a week of working onsite, on our Corporate Campus in Dallas. The other position you applied for is required to fully work from our Corporate Campus in Dallas during business hours. 

With that being said, none of these positions included a stipulation that we would only consider applications from a certain area or state(s). That means that we review all applications in the order received - regardless if you live in Dallas, New Mexico, etc! With many interested Candidates and some stiff competition, we know that means a disappointing answer will come to many. That said, we encourage you to keep looking, keep applying, and apply as soon as you can - this will help get your application as close to the front of the "review line" as possible. 

We are so appreciative of your interest in a career with Heart! And we hope to have the opportunity to connect with you very soon! 

cmc1988
Explorer C

Thank you, I will continue to watch and apply for positions that I may qualify for and will do my best to get to the front of the line for best consideration. Hopefully, one day I will be able to be apart of the team!