Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Clothes in Ski bag

beamreach
Explorer C

At Logan this morning they were enforcing no clothes in the ski bag. It seems to be so arbitrary, I have skied SW dozens of time with clothes in my ski bag with no issues. I am not sure of the reasoning for the counter person said it is TSA policy with is nonsense. The only bags I take are a ski bag and a boot bag. Out of convenience of travel I use a double ski bag with one pair of skis and clothes. I am not being cheap, it easier with just a ski bag and boot bag. SW should at least be consistent.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Clothes in Ski bag

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@beamreach wrote:

At Logan this morning they were enforcing no clothes in the ski bag. It seems to be so arbitrary, I have skied SW dozens of time with clothes in my ski bag with no issues. I am not sure of the reasoning for the counter person said it is TSA policy with is nonsense. The only bags I take are a ski bag and a boot bag. Out of convenience of travel I use a double ski bag with one pair of skis and clothes. I am not being cheap, it easier with just a ski bag and boot bag. SW should at least be consistent.

There was another post recently about this - it may not be an issue of being arbitrary, it sounds like there is a system-wide focus on this now to not allow the clothes in the ski bag that is new compared to past practices where it was either allowed or not enforced.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

FrequestFlyah
Explorer C

Agent at the front desk had the audacity to sit there with a bold face lie and tell me it was a new TSA policy.

The agents at the Security checkpoint told me they never heard of such a thing.

Southwest is getting cheap and lazy.

Not to mention the way they handle luggage has been abhorrent in recent years.

Shameful company.

FrequestFlyah
Explorer C

Additionally, the people I am traveling with who are on a different airline were not subject to this “new TSA policy”

what a joke

dfwskier
Aviator A

@FrequestFlyah wrote:

Agent at the front desk had the audacity to sit there with a bold face lie and tell me it was a new TSA policy.

The agents at the Security checkpoint told me they never heard of such a thing.

Southwest is getting cheap and lazy.

Not to mention the way they handle luggage has been abhorrent in recent years.

Shameful company.

Thank you for your very first post to the community