Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Different Confirmation Numbers

sharrison614
Explorer C

I was on one confirmation with 4 other people. I was having an issue editing the reservation for all 4 since I was not the original purchaser. I then attempted the same process unsuccessfully under my name and it pulled me from the group! We have the exact same flight schedule with no changes. Is there a way to add me back to the other group of 3 so we have consecutive boarding positions? Or would the flights need to be cancelled all together and then repurchased? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Different Confirmation Numbers

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I'm not completely sure what happened but this seems possible with a phone call. 

What type of edit were you trying to make?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

sharrison614
Explorer C

Return flights were cheaper so I was modifying flights to get credited back. But since points were used it required the original purchaser to do it (was not aware) so I then backed out and did not follow through with the modification. Southwest still split me from the group. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@sharrison614 wrote:

Return flights were cheaper so I was modifying flights to get credited back. But since points were used it required the original purchaser to do it (was not aware) so I then backed out and did not follow through with the modification. Southwest still split me from the group. 

If the flights are still the same price or cheaper then have the original person redo the booking. Especially if it's cheaper now. The points will go back to them no matter who makes the change so they might as well do it.

Especially if one of the party is A-list then try to stick together.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.