Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Double Ski Bag

southwestskiing
Explorer C

Hello, 

I will be traveling on a ski trip and will be bringing two pairs of skis in my double ski bag. If i had two pairs of skis in one bag and a boot bag, would that be considered one free checked bag? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Double Ski Bag

dfwskier
Aviator A

Southwest says yes, but notice the proviso at the bottom of the quote: make sure the ski bag does not weigh more than 50 pounds:

"

• Snow ski equipment, including skis or snowboards, ski boots, and ski poles: including one pair of skis or one snowboard, one set of poles, and one pair of ski/snowboard boots encased in a container(s) acceptable to Carrier. When substituting ski equipment for a free bag, Southwest Airlines allows up to two bags (containing one set of snow skis, ski poles, and ski boots) to count as one item, even if they are packed and tagged separately.

Note: Snow ski equipment will not be subject to excess size charges. However, excess weight charges may apply.  "

southwestskiing
Explorer C

Thank you for the response. My concern is that it says "including one pair of skis or one snowboard.." since it will be two pairs of skis in one bag. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@southwestskiing wrote:

Thank you for the response. My concern is that it says "including one pair of skis or one snowboard.." since it will be two pairs of skis in one bag. 

Makes no difference as long as it is one bag for skis.