Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Expired credit

Nitalinzie
New Arrival

I have an credit that expires by July 2021. I had to cancel my 2020 to Hawaii do to covid. My next trip want be until Aug 2021. How do I get an extension to use my flight credit in August 2021. I’m not looking for money back I’m looking to use my credits at a later date thats it. I canceled my flight in Dec 2020. But the credits is not being said to use by the date I canceled but by July can anyone help me with my situation PLEASE! 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Expired credit

bec102896
Top Contributor

Once your funds expire you can Contact Customer Relations and ask for an extension of the travel funds in the form of a LUV voucher. This voucher would be good for 6 months however there is a $100 fee per travel fund. This fee is subject to change and being issued the voucher is on a case by case basis. 

Keep in mind you can only request this once your funds expire so this would mean you would be booking much closer to your travel date. 

-Blake

mestiene
New Arrival

I called customer service and they did not offer me any extension or a travel voucher.  She very politely told me I was *%&# out of luck.  Very frustrating!!!

bec102896
Top Contributor

You would have to request the voucher from customer relations which is different than customer service and you would have to request after the funds expire. 

-Blake