Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

LUV Vouchers no expiration date

toddswed21
Explorer C

I have read that vouchers no longer have expiration dates.   If so  when was this policy implemented?  I have vouchers that were issued on 2/21/2022.  And shows expired the following year on same month/day.   

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.   TIA

Southwest Airlines says flight vouchers no longer have an expiration date (consumeraffairs.com)

3 REPLIES 3

Re: LUV Vouchers no expiration date

dfwskier
Aviator A

I think the article i wrong.I suspect it confuses travel funds (which now do not expire) with vouchers.

I got a voucher on 7/12/23 and it clearly shows a 7/12/24 expiry date.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@toddswed21 wrote:

I have read that vouchers no longer have expiration dates.   If so  when was this policy implemented?  I have vouchers that were issued on 2/21/2022.  And shows expired the following year on same month/day.   

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.   TIA

Southwest Airlines says flight vouchers no longer have an expiration date (consumeraffairs.com)

Around the date of that article was when the Travel Funks, now known as Travel Credits were made so that any unexpired travel credit at that time would not expire. 

This site and several others seem to be using the language of "vouchers don't expire" when it should say travel credits don't expire.

A voucher that has an expiration date on it will expire.

But it's easy - just book a flight to use up the voucher before it expires, then cancel that flight, and the value will be re-issued as a travel credit which doesn't expire.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A

You can book a flight with a voucher then cancel that flight that will then be a travel fund that doesn’t expire.