Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Fares sales

anamerty
Explorer B

when do the sales start for 2018? The last of the 2017 sales justfinished but they had to be used 2 months before we needed

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Fares sales

franktravel
Aviator B

Sales tipically come out on Tuesdays!  Fares are like the stock market, prices can go up and down everyday so keep checking even after you book. 

Good Luck! 

anamerty
Explorer B

Please are you able to explain how I rebook ?I now see that the flight Ive booked has gone down $33.I booked a wanna get away with early bird for both myself and husband. The price went down for the same flight time .I have never done this before.Do I need to cancel then rebook ? I dont want to do this because our go to is not southwest so probably cant use the credit.Is there a modify button? Will I lose the $15 each that I paid for early bird?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I believe you retain early-bird if you "change" the flight which would still give you the credit, as opposed to canceling and rebooking which would lose the EB payment.

If you don't plan to fly Southwest again within a year from when you first purchased the ticket then the credit would expire anyway, but maybe you'd have a trip come up where you can use the $33 unexpectedly?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.