Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

First Time Flyer

akdover09
Explorer C

Hi -

I am taking my son on his first flight this Friday 08/25.  He is 4 years old and so excited -

What is the best way to get in touch w/ southwest and let them know in advance?? 

I searched the website and couldn't find anywhere to let them know or contact them 😕 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: First Time Flyer

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

You could try sending SW a message on Twitter (well X now) or Facebook and maybe they can help otherwise I’d let the gate agent or ops agent know prior to boarding and maybe they can do something or get a first time flying certificate 

@cheyenneallgood got any ideas here? 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

You could try sending SW a message on Twitter (well X now) or Facebook and maybe they can help otherwise I’d let the gate agent or ops agent know prior to boarding and maybe they can do something or get a first time flying certificate 

@cheyenneallgood got any ideas here? 

My most excellent idea is if you can get a captain's hat that's always an attention-getter for the FA at the entry door and depending how things are going they might let the little one take a peek up front. If not, then try also when getting off the plane.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Obly1939
Explorer C

Hello!

How exciting that your son will be taking his first flight soon! To get touch with Southwest and let them know about your son's first flight in advance, I recommend reaching out their Customer Service team. You can contact them directly by phone at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA(1-800-435-9792). They will be able to assist you with any special accommodations or questions you may have regarding your son's first flight. Have a great Journey!

Best Regards,
BallSportsPro

cheyenneallgood
Employee
Employee

Hey @akdover09 how exciting! Since you're so close to your trip I'd encourage you to follow through with what both @bec102896 and @DancingDavidE have already said! I'd encourage you to reach out to the Employees at the gate and your Flight Attendants onboard. While I can't guarantee they can make anything special happen, our Employees do love celebrating these milestones! Our Pilots are usually always willing to show off the Flight Deck, when able. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@cheyenneallgood wrote:

Hey @akdover09 how exciting! Since you're so close to your trip I'd encourage you to follow through with what both @bec102896 and @DancingDavidE have already said! I'd encourage you to reach out to the Employees at the gate and your Flight Attendants onboard. While I can't guarantee they can make anything special happen, our Employees do love celebrating these milestones! Our Pilots are usually always willing to show off the Flight Deck, when able. 

You might not find a Southwest logo'ed version like this, but I've seen similar ones for sale at airport gift shops: 

DancingDavidE_0-1692750787553.png

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.