Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Cancellation lies

TexTraveler
Explorer C

My flight was cancelled due to “weather”.  However, I can prove that the inbound plane took off and traveled to my airport.  I can also prove that there was no ground stop at my airport due to weather and in fact, other flights took off for my destination city within minutes of when my flight was supposed to take off.  I understand that there are labor shortages right now, but be straight with your customers…blaming cancellations on weather to avoid the cost of hotel rooms for stranded travelers is just plain dishonest.  I heard several other travelers complain that they will never fly SWA again…thats money lost that’s never coming back.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Flight Cancellation lies

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Perhaps weather is being used too easily, but you can't "prove" it was not a factor in the cancellation since it could have been claimed for a city further down the plane's scheduled route or Southwest made a cautionary decision that other airlines didn't.  This is a customer to customer forum, you are welcome to submit your comments directly to Southwest.

Contact Customer Relations 

--TheMiddleSeat

TexTraveler
Explorer C

Don’t tell me I can’t prove it when I can.  If you have nothing constructive to add, butt out.

dfwskier
Aviator A

what was your flight number?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@TexTraveler Please enlighten me with your "proof", I'd love to be shown how my knowledge of the airline industry is flawed. It could be a great learning opportunity for all of us.

--TheMiddleSeat

gsking
Aviator C