Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost Bag and No Response from Southwest

scofiel9
Explorer C

Hello,

My bag was lost on a direct flight from DTW to LAX.  It has been 1.5 months and Southwest has been unable to find it. I filed a report one month ago with receipts of items in the bag. Up until I filed the report, communication was good with the Nettracer Baggage Portal.  Southwest responded within a day and was helpful. This is the filing website.

https://app.nettracer.aero/pax/southwest/dashboard

After I made the claim, I have reached out three times with no response.  I am unable to get a status or even simple questions answered. I was wondering if others have had any luck contacting them another way or through another avenue.  I am also curious if Southwest did reimburse you, what was the reimbursement process.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Lost Bag and No Response from Southwest

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@scofiel9 wrote:

Hello,

My bag was lost on a direct flight from DTW to LAX.  It has been 1.5 months and Southwest has been unable to find it. I filed a report one month ago with receipts of items in the bag. Up until I filed the report, communication was good with the Nettracer Baggage Portal.  Southwest responded within a day and was helpful. This is the filing website.

https://app.nettracer.aero/pax/southwest/dashboard

After I made the claim, I have reached out three times with no response.  I am unable to get a status or even simple questions answered. I was wondering if others have had any luck contacting them another way or through another avenue.  I am also curious if Southwest did reimburse you, what was the reimbursement process.

Thank you!

If you search the community there is a phone number for Aero Services, leave a message they don't pick up. You'll have to describe the luggage and hopefully you had a tag on there although maybe it fell off. (I always leave some ID inside the luggage as well.)

It's possible that it was taken by someone at LAX or if it was mis-directed to another location it never got back into the system. 

The FAQ shows that when you first registered for the nettracer you should have instructions in that confirmation email: 

https://www.southwest.com/help/baggage/lost-damaged-baggage

DancingDavidE_0-1689265430511.png

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Lost Bag and No Response from Southwest

bec102896
Aviator A

sorry your bag was lost I have unfortunately gone though this a couple of times myself and it’s not fun 

After you submit receipts it can take up to 30 days for them to respond and in my experience sometimes that comes by mail with a check but they usually post the resolution on the website as well but can take up to 30 days from when you submitted receipts. 

so 1st step give them the 5 days to look for your bag 

next pile up receipts and submit within 21 days of your bag being lost (if you waited too long to submit receipts that could be an issue for them being liable) 

Finally after you submit receipts wait up to 30 days 

you could also call the phone number on the original report you filed to get help or maybe some update or you can reach out to southwest on Twitter or though the contact us link and maybe customer relations can investigate and maybe provide an update/compensation