Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Middle seat for C group boarding

floridaguy
Aviator C

No, I didn't miss the point.  We've all read these stories before.

On a recent flight, the flight attendant said that they were going to hold the entire flight until someone agreed to change seats so that a family could sit together.  I am challenging this behavior since it is well beyond the scope of what is permitted under the law.

The family was told to take the first available seat which they did not and consequently, failed to follow flight crew instructions.  According to Federal law, they should have been detained and arrested.

When you were told to take the first available seat, failing to do so is failing to follow flight crew instructions.  Had I been Captain of the flight, I would have had you removed and arrested for failing to follow flight crew instructions.

You inconvenienced and delayed the entire flight because you wanted to sit together.  That's not acceptable.

ffflyer
Frequent Flyer B

I continue to see posts like this complaining about seating.

I don't understand them myself.

If you care about where you sit or with whom you sit, why would you book a flight on an airline that doesn't let you reserve seats?

Southwest is often the lowest cost and most convienint option. But you know going in that you don't have a reserved seat. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

I am suggesting that the passenger and companions be removed from the flight immediately for not following flight crew instructions.

Every time someone comes here and complains, we lose more and more of what Southwest is all about.

Start enforcing Federal laws and have people arrested.

Pawankumar
Explorer C

And who said we didn't follow the instructions? Otherwise why would we be last people to board? Southwest are you using autobot to just keep pushing away people who have concerns?

don't worry you'll paid well by southwest for your comments.

Pawankumar
Explorer C

If I knew this is the case I wouldn't have booked this flight.  Trust me I have never ever complained before. Just couldn't bear the way my daughter was crying.  But you guys seems be paid by southwest to just beat up people who voice out there concerns. Clearly you didnt read my messages. Why would you care about this forum if you don't have any concerns? Dont worry , your southwest is not pulled into any legal trouble . Take the paycheck from them and sleep tight.

floridaguy
Aviator C

None of us are paid by Southwest, speaking for myself, at least.

You have been confronted by the FACTS that you chose an airline without assigned seats and then come and complain that you can't sit together.

This is no different than going to an Asian restaurant and demanding Mediterranean food.

This is no different than going to a steakhouse and then demanding a vegan menu.

This is no different than moving to northern Canada and expecting a tropical climate.

If you want assigned seats, there are airlines with assigned seats.  And, as suggested before, buy the first class tickets and enjoy the experience.

Pawankumar
Explorer C

You guys assume a lot. Calm down. I spoke with couple of friends and I started to get what most people are saying. Most people who are ready to fight are traveling on a cheaper price. I see these ads of southwest for $49 on my insta and Facebook but thought it is haux.  Definitely southwest is giving a convenient and cheaper flying options. It make sense why most of you're worried. 

Like someone said it is my bad luck, that I had to travel paying $400+ two way/ per person , only to realize you don't have assigned seats. 

Here is the lesson I learnt,  southwest is cheaper and convenient travel option provided you're booking early and planned travell. dont expect to be seated together.  If you have family like me who need support.  Choose another airlines who have assigned seats options .

floridaguy
Aviator C

No one here is worried or fighting.  In fact, we're calm and collected.

jksobonya
Aviator A

This is a simple misunderstanding of the Southwest boarding policy. You are not assigned seats. It is first come, first serve. A group boards first, B group boards second, C group boards third and last, and by that time, most aisle/window seats are taken. Now you know for the future. You could have gotten around this by purchasing early bird, which gives you a better boarding position (but even then it is not guaranteed, if many others also purchase early bird). 

--Jessica