Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Mistake on cancellation

DaijP
Explorer C

Is there any way I can get my same ticket back after cancellation a few hours before?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Mistake on cancellation

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

Call Southwest Customer Relations at 855-234-4654 IMMEDIATELY!

While the general answer to your question is "probably not" there have been exceptions noted here on the Community quite recently.

DaijP
Explorer C

Someone said I was gonna have to add on it and it was a total of 3 something, but they didn’t tell me how much and should I call back and ask someone else

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A

@DaijP wrote:

should I call back and ask someone else

You can try but it may not make a difference. The exception that I noted in my first reply was a Customer who cancelled his reservation in error. If the cancellation was a mistake on your part, explain that to the representative who answers the phone. If you cancelled the reservation and then changed your mind a few hours later, you will probably have to pay the fare difference to rebook your reservation.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@rtbarron wrote:

@DaijP wrote:

should I call back and ask someone else

You can try but it may not make a difference. The exception that I noted in my first reply was a Customer who cancelled his reservation in error. If the cancellation was a mistake on your part, explain that to the representative who answers the phone. If you cancelled the reservation and then changed your mind a few hours later, you will probably have to pay the fare difference to rebook your reservation.

For example, one of the cases where it was re-instated was where someone had three similar reservations and canceled the wrong one. 

We don't need to know the details, it isn't up to us. but let the customer service rep know what happened and maybe they can restore it.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.