Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Non Transferable Ticket

Kjauelua
Explorer C

So I booked a wanna get away flight for an ex partner of mine and I decided to cancel it without fully understanding the non transferable policy. I spent hours trying to figure out how to transfer the flight credit to my account and after all those hours I finally figured it out. I decided to make a southwest account in her name and book a ticket to anywhere with that flight credit trying to find a ticket that’s in the same price as the $231 I spent. I booked a wanna get away plus flight and used the “non transferable credit” and I went ahead and canceled that flight immediately after from there I was able to transfer the flight credits to my southwest account. Hope this helps someone! 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Non Transferable Ticket

floridaguy
Aviator C

I believe that opening an account in someone else's name is a crime.

Kjauelua
Explorer C

That’s if I pretended to be them and tried to fly as them, which in this case I did not. I used no important personal information. All in the clear as far as committing a crime. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

The credit belongs to the passenger, not the buyer of the ticket.  To bypass those safeguards and create an account in someone else's name is a problem, as I see it.

If Southwest agrees with you , then so be it.