Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early Bird Refund for Cancelled Flight

tulls422
Explorer C

My flight was cancelled, I was rebooked on a flight for another day...fine. However, my Early Bird check-in did not carry over, ok I guess...but what really irked me was that I wasn't refunded the $25 that I paid for Early Bird check-in. All I was told is that it was their "policy". I had no control over my flight being cancelled, so in this case, it seems to me they should refund my Early Bird cost...anyone else have this issue?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Early Bird Refund for Cancelled Flight

dfwskier
Aviator A

File a complaint and request a refund. To do that click on "contact us" (below) and proceed.

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C
Solution

@tulls422 wrote:

My flight was cancelled, I was rebooked on a flight for another day...fine. However, my Early Bird check-in did not carry over, ok I guess...but what really irked me was that I wasn't refunded the $25 that I paid for Early Bird check-in. All I was told is that it was their "policy". I had no control over my flight being cancelled, so in this case, it seems to me they should refund my Early Bird cost...anyone else have this issue?

Greetings:

Per Southwest's written policy, you are due a refund of Early Bird Check In if Southwest cancels your flight.

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/article/Is-EarlyBird-Check-In-refundable

However, allow up to 7 business days for the refund to post; contact the airline if the refund does not post within that timeframe.

Hope this helps.

tulls422
Explorer C

Thank you! I called and they've issued my refund 😄