Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW Changed my flight times but cannot make free changes

SWDisheartened
Explorer C

I missed a 13 May email that SW changed my flight times. The email says I can change my flights at no charge up to 14 days from my original date, 25 November. However, when I attempt to make a change it charges me the difference. I do not see a deadline when I can make these changes.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: SW Changed my flight times but cannot make free changes

dfwskier
Aviator A

In the past Southwest did have a firm deadline on when people could make no cost changes. - a certain number of days from the date the original flight changed. Then it seemed that deadline went away. Now it may be back. I dunno.

My advice would be to contact tthe airline and ask help in making the change.

harlen
Explorer C

I think it is a glitch in there system because I can't change any of the flights that Southwest changed without an airfare difference, so I called yesterday, and they weren't aware of the issue, but offered to do it via the phone call, so until they fix the online software, you will need to call them to make the changes, and hopefully they fix it so you can do it online again soon

wkkunkle
Explorer B

There's another thread on the forums here about this.  Southwest's systems seem messed up.  I tried reporting it to them via Twitter/X and they said they'd send it to the Tech Team, but it's still broken for everyone.  I can't say I'm surprised - they don't seem keen on actually fixing things when they break.

Other thread: https://community.southwest.com/t5/Reservations/Southwest-Flight-Schedule-Change-not-giving-option-t...