Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW Pointed earned

BrettJ25
Explorer C

Both my child and I have separate SW accounts and both have Rapids reward #s. When I book a flight under my account for the two of use my receipt says "EST. POINTS EARNED" (then the amount) under her name, however I never see it reflect on her account. What am I doing wrong????? I see my points accumulate but not hers

2 REPLIES 2

Re: SW Pointed earned

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@BrettJ25 wrote:

Both my child and I have separate SW accounts and both have Rapids reward #s. When I book a flight under my account for the two of use my receipt says "EST. POINTS EARNED" (then the amount) under her name, however I never see it reflect on her account. What am I doing wrong????? I see my points accumulate but not hers

Hello-

To be clear, RR Points earned from taking flights (for any reservation with no portion of the booking paid for w/ redeemed RR Points) are awarded after the whole itinerary under the confirmation number is finished with all booked flights taken under the reservation. The points are not deposited at the time of booking. Not sure why or how you saw your points "accumulate" following this booking. I would double check your RR account activity to be sure. Likely that you got these points from a different flight or another means.

Hope this helps!

Re: SW Pointed earned

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Make sure the RR numbers are matched for her when you do the bookings. You can claim them in arrears up to a limited amount of time though.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.