Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Credit Card Priority Card, 4k spend gets you free companion pass

rhettw12
Explorer C

Hello, I got the Southwest priority card, the one with the $149 annual fee. I applied during the promotion of a free companion pass and 30,000 points once I spend $4,000. I am about to hit the $4,000 spend and wondering how the process works. I do not see the free companion pass listed as a benefit under my card in Chase. Should I be worried?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Southwest Credit Card Priority Card, 4k spend gets you free companion pass

bballflyer
Adventurer C

You will earn companion pass after the statement that you have earned your $4K has closed and posted to your rapid reward account.  Those points typically post a day or two after the statement closed.  So for example if you earn the $4k by May 12th, but your statement closes on May 31st, you would likely see it in your account on Jun 1 or 2nd.  You can go ahead and book any flight and add the companion pass later.  I don't recall though, did this promotion have a specific time period for companion pass?  I recall some promotions the companion pass was only good for specific months.  If this is the case you may not see companion pass until that time period, I have not had experience with this situation so someone else may be able to advise you better.

Re: Southwest Credit Card Priority Card, 4k spend gets you free companion pass

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bballflyer wrote:

So for example if you earn the $4k by May 12th, but your statement closes on May 31st, you would likely see it in your account on Jun 1 or 2nd. 

I don't recall though, did this promotion have a specific time period for companion pass?  I recall some promotions the companion pass was only good for specific months.  If this is the case you may not see companion pass until that time period, I have not had experience with this situation so someone else may be able to advise you better.

There is also usually a time limit to earn the $4k spending which might be three months? So earning it cumulatively in either one, two, or three months for example.

Usually you would get a confirmation email "you've made it" or something to that effect, but the pass itself won't show up until the specified period. If that was immediately then it would be there to nominate a companion, if it was July for example the pass won't show up in your account until 7/1 at midnight:01. This can be a little inconvenient if you are flying later in the day 7/1 but book your ticket now and add the companion then.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.