Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A-List Boarding After the A Group

fgerm1
Explorer C

I would like to see Southwest recognize A-List Preferred members by allowing them to board in between A and B groups, and before A-List members. I don't have a problem boarding after military personnel and such, just thought this would be a good incentive/recognition.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: A-List Boarding After the A Group

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@fgerm1 wrote:

I would like to see Southwest recognize A-List Preferred members by allowing them to board in between A and B groups, and before A-List members. I don't have a problem boarding after military personnel and such, just thought this would be a good incentive/recognition.

Hello!

As a fellow member of SW's elite club, I've used the "A61" benefit a few times after using the Same Day Flight Change. The ALP's/A-List's/Business Select who don't have "A" typically board ahead of Family Boarding and Military after the "A" group and before "B".  I typically observe anywhere from 3-7 passengers in this group combined whereas Family Boarding usually has high demand.

Ordinarily, suggestions like these should be relayed directly to Southwest Customer service as it may not reach the proper staff on this message board; however with the pending Seating Policy changes forthcoming for 2025, I don't think SW will be able to review a universal policy change to board any "A61" ALP's ahead of A-List as I assume SW's focus is to implement and execute the Assigned Seating policy and that includes looking at passenger comments and providing additional details and announcements on all loyalty program benefits going fwd.

However, if you have any suggestions related to the Assigned Seating Policy announcement and ALP, feel free to let SW know as they are still working out the details of implementation. It may be possible as SW works out the final details of the policy that ALP's may get first picks of any unsold Extra Leg Room Seating ahead of A-List but after Business Select, or get an X-amount of free or discounted seating upgrades per year. Don't know what's in store...Those are my guesses but I believe there will be some good benefit trade-offs for ALP's and A-List in relation to the Assigned Seating.

Go here to send a comment or send a DM via Twitter/X:
https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/email-us

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@fgerm1 wrote:

I don't get the impression that there's enough ALP vs A-List members jumping in at that time to make the distinction.

I'm on a limited sample since when I'm boarding as A-List or ALP previously obviously I'm not sticking around to observe so I'm only aware of this for when I'm personally using it as well, I rarely saw more than a few others and often it was just me.

If someone said "hey I'm ALP" I'd have been happy to let them go in front of me. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

@fgerm1 wrote:

I don't get the impression that there's enough ALP vs A-List members jumping in at that time to make the distinction.

I agree. I do it fairly frequently and there has never been a large que of AL or ALP to board at A61.It wihkd not make much of a dfference.