Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Bad

kikilat
Explorer C

Idk we truly made a mistake when booking with sw… never flown them, and even tho we’re only at our layover so this experience isn’t even over yet, I can confidently say this will also be the very last time. I wouldn’t wish swa on my worst enemy let alone recommending it to anyone I love. A lot of customer service seems to be confused and un

knowledgeable, because after I had just gone through the grooling process of being able to fly my dog to Hawaii, they tell me I can’t. Have all his paper work, hell even hawaii themselves knew he was coming but they denied me and when I asked why? Silence over the phone. SHE DOESN’T EVEN KNOW EITHER. Or probably because there’s NO REASON AT ALL. so we just leave him with family considering we already bought these dumb STUPID tickets and they wouldn’t let us refund them. going great so far! Well next we tried to use our military Id’s as active duty usually gets to board earlier. They tried only letting my husband on… so what was I just supposed to wait and stand there? Because all 36 (exaggerating) other airlines I’ve flown before will let us BOTH on no problem after only HE presents his ID. Ok so southwest hates military, got it. The plane itself was ghetto asl I just wanted to get off the entire time. Mind you this is a flight to HAWAII so we were SUPPOSED to he having a good time, but southwest made sure to prevent that. I don’t even think I want any money back I just want others to hear me out and be warned. Btw, swa ranked LAST on top ten best airlines in the country LOL. truly wish I knew this before hand but hey, you live and learn.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Bad

dfwskier
Aviator A

@kikilat wrote:

Btw, swa ranked LAST on top ten best airlines in the country LOL. truly wish I knew this before hand but hey, you live and learn.

BTW that statement is a lie. SW actually ranks first in the category of economy airlines -- but whatever floats your boat.

I suspect you are a bot. Let's see if you can  coherently respond.

kikilat
Explorer C

BTW I can send the article that I used when I made that statement but idk if you care about receipts bc I surely don’t. I had a bad experience, came to the forum and vented. Is this not what this is for?.. But you can mark me as a bot I guess? I clearly won’t be flying southwest again so, “whatever floats your boat” sonny.

bballflyer
Adventurer C

I would not agree the forum is for complaining, it is more for seeking help on possible ways to solve issues, gain information etc.  If you are just looking for a place to complain no one here can help you come to a satisfactory resolution and you should probably seek assistance from customer service.  I think you have been provided some information that should make  your trip smoother in the future.  You may also want to take the information you have learned here and apply it to other airlines that you may fly.  It looks like Hawaiian may be one of your only options to fly a dog to Hawaii, most other airlines do not allow it. 

bballflyer
Adventurer C

Did you make a reservation for your pet?  I have only recently started to fly with a pet and did my research before.  The two airlines I have flown on both required a reservation and said there are limited spaces in the main cabin and only let specific breads elsewhere due to breathing issues (most short nosed breeds have to go in main).  When I have had reservations it was easy, just went to the ticket counter and paid the fee, which they don't collect until the day of the flight at the ticket counter.  

bballflyer
Adventurer C

whoops breeds not breads 😳

kikilat
Explorer C

Well you missed a few other mistakes professor! Since spelling is so important to you, how bout you go through the entire post again properly this time and submit a better corrections sheet! 😉

bballflyer
Adventurer C

I was actually correcting my own spelling mistake. Have a nice day

kikilat
Explorer C

Yes I called to make the reservation two days before hand and that’s when I was told they don’t fly pets to Hawaii. I was like ok cool let me cancel the ticket to fly someone else. Nope, we couldn’t do that either..

bballflyer
Adventurer C

When traveling out of the norm I like to do the research before booking. As mentioned when I started to travel with a pet I looked up the policy on line.  If you go to the SW website and search traveling with pets it outlines the policies, fees and the steps needed.  It also clearly states that they don't accept pets traveling too or from Hawaii or internationally.  Since only so many pets are allowed on a plane, I would also recommend making the pet reservation as soon as you book the flight.  If there isn't room at that time of booking you know right away and are still within the 24 hour refund timeframe.  Waiting 2 days before the flight you risk not having an available spot for your fur pal.   You could also call and make a reservation through customer service and ask them availability before booking. 

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/article/pet-policy