Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Early Bird is 100% a SCAM

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@eosphorus wrote:

Or since they are charging people to give them an early bird they could pay a decent dev to write code to not make that seat available and instead assign it to the earliest person that bought an early bird and then keep following that algorithm till no early birds are left. Most other airlines do something similar. From a guy that was a dev in an airline 

Former dev but not a former Southwest passenger? The seats aren't assigned on Southwest.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

StAugustine
Frequent Flyer C

I contacted Southwest once many years ago (using the link at the bottom of the page) and suggested that Early Bird Check in be re-named Early Bird Boarding Position Assignment. That would eliminate some of the confusion. The customer is getting a boarding position assigned at T-36, but still must check in at T-24. Send an e-mail to the customer at T-36 saying something like "you've been assigned your boarding position. Remember that you must still check in 24 hours before your flight to get your boarding pass and see your boarding position."

That being said, I have definitely noticed that EBCI boarding positions are moving further and further back in line. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@StAugustine wrote:

I contacted Southwest once many years ago (using the link at the bottom of the page) and suggested that Early Bird Check in be re-named Early Bird Boarding Position Assignment. 

I agree with you. At t-36 SW isn't checking you in. It is assigning a boarding position