Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Mobile boarding pass issue

Barbarocracy
Explorer C

The mobile boarding pass does not show up in Apple Wallet despite it saying it’s been added. It appears on the screen and disappears after “Add” is pushed but is not in the wallet. This has occurred every time I’ve attempted to add it over numerous iOS updates.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Mobile boarding pass issue

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@Barbarocracy wrote:

The mobile boarding pass does not show up in Apple Wallet despite it saying it’s been added. It appears on the screen and disappears after “Add” is pushed but is not in the wallet. This has occurred every time I’ve attempted to add it over numerous iOS updates.

Hello!

This forum is customer-to-customer. A number of factors could be causing this. Have you had any issues linking any other purchases or tickets to Apple Wallet or is this problem isolated to Southwest purchases only?

Either way, since this would likely need to be troubleshooted either directly with Apple Support or Southwest depending on the cause, I would use an alternative option for now for your Boarding Pass. I usually opt for downloading the jpg screenshot image of the pass from the SW App 24-hours prior to departure and I'll also have the printed version on hand ready to go when I get to the airport. If all else fails, a simple trip to a kiosk at the airport with your confirmation number and name will get you your printed pass.

One footnote: I had my shares of Google Pay not functioning as it should in some cases: Specifically, one my credit cards saved in the wallet for some reason will return a false "Phone moved too fast" error with some merchants. The problem is isolated to the one specific credit card and I haven't been able to solve this riddle. My remedy is to pull out the physical card and tap it. Hopefully your situation with SW boarding pass is not as complex.

Re: Mobile boarding pass issue

dfwskier
Aviator A

"I usually opt for downloading the jpg screenshot image of the pass from the SW App"

Yup, that's what  I do.  It also avoids the situation of possibly of not  being able to get your boarding pass becasue of a lack of cell/wifi service at the gate.