Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

New Policy Assigned Seating and A List - how doe this change effect AList benefits

Explorer B

New Policy Assigned Seating and A List - how does this change effect AList benefits

So is the AList loyalty program now going away???

19 REPLIES 19

Re: New Policy Assigned Seating and A List - how doe this change effect AList benefits

bec102896
Aviator A

My guess as another customer they will have to rebrand the statuses but as A List preferred myself I’m curious how this will work 

Re: New Policy Assigned Seating and A List - how doe this change effect AList benefits

Explorer B

This is very frustrating nobody knows at SWA how this will effect AList.

So did nobody at SWA think of the AList people that is disappointing - email should have been sent to us loyal AList customers on what is going to happen.

Also why is SWA not running a promotion to buy up on points to get to AList? Isnt that disingenuous - buy up point to get AList and it gets you nothing.

Cancelled_Vacay
Adventurer C
Solution

Thanks for reminding me. I just received an email from SW about buying A-List points. They were selling the Brooklyn Bridge the day before it was scheduled for demolition.

Explorer B

It is horrible that they are acting like this and nobody is monitoring or responding to all these comments on the forum they house.

JLayton
Explorer C

I think that they are monitoring the comments.  It may be that it is so new that they don't have answers, but they SHOULD at least comment that they are seeing the concerns.  I would suggest that everyone send in emails with your comments.  I read a great post in another thread about why the person doesn't like the new policy.  They suggested letting people pay an upcharge for the seats with more leg room and then leaving the rest of the plane as open seating.  Here is a link to the location to send feedback.  https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/email-us

dfwskier
Aviator A

@52220836 wrote:

It is horrible that they are acting like this and nobody is monitoring or responding to all these comments on the forum they house.

This is a customer to cystomer forum. SW isn;t going to respond to comments here. Try contacting SW via social media so you can voice your opinions.

epcot
Adventurer B

They just sent an email that they are working on new benefits and will announce more in September

SanGuidry
Explorer C

I agree!!

floridaguy
Aviator C

I warned everyone about Southwest's financial position after

THE HOLIDAY DISASTER

and took a lot of flak over posting.

I see chickens now coming home to roost.