Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Is there something up with boarding assignments??

rakunn
Explorer C

Have a business flight tomorrow that I purchased at least three weeks ago. Am A List Preferred ( have been preferred or A List for 10+ years), and confirmed this is reflected on my ticket. Imagine my shock when my boarding number came as B-47. So I guess, just wondering if anyone else has noticed this for flights tomorrow/recently or if I just got extraordinarily unlucky. Will obviously be attempted to board between A and B but if there are this many other preferred in front of me not sure it’s worth it!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Is there something up with boarding assignments??

dfwskier
Aviator A

The only possible eplanation I can give is lots of end of Labor Day weekend travel.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@rakunn wrote:

Have a business flight tomorrow that I purchased at least three weeks ago. Am A List Preferred ( have been preferred or A List for 10+ years), and confirmed this is reflected on my ticket. Imagine my shock when my boarding number came as B-47. So I guess, just wondering if anyone else has noticed this for flights tomorrow/recently or if I just got extraordinarily unlucky. Will obviously be attempted to board between A and B but if there are this many other preferred in front of me not sure it’s worth it!

There would have to be some sort of glitch in the system, or else when you booked the flights the RR number wasn't connected to the reservation, or else it's a crazy A-list travel weekend.

If it is the last one, then you'll have 47 A-list members all trying for that "A61" boarding so it may be hectic.

Make sure your boarding pass says "A list" on it which you'd need to show in theory for the A61 boarding. That would also be the clue if something went haywire in option 1 or 2 above.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bballflyer
Frequent Flyer B

Another possibility is if you did a same day change then you probably would not get in the A group, but doesn't sound like this was the case.

wkkunkle
Explorer B

Why post a link to a questionable website?