Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: TSA Pre-check

kasey97
Adventurer C

well i don't have her Global Entry card.  i know our 3 family members applied for GE at the same time, within a few mos of each other.  So she either applied in 2022 and expires in 2027.  Or she applied in 2023 and expires in 2028.  (Global Entry is good for 5 yrs)

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@kasey97 wrote:

well i don't have her Global Entry card.  i know our 3 family members applied for GE at the same time, within a few mos of each other.  So she either applied in 2022 and expires in 2027.  Or she applied in 2023 and expires in 2028.  (Global Entry is good for 5 yrs)

Ok. Thanks for clarifying. It's possible that there's a missing step somewhere. I would check with TSA directly at this point to troubleshoot. They should be able to confirm whether there was a random standard screening applied for these flights or if there was a step missed in relation with the KTN and reservations. This would be your go-to place to confirm or troubleshoot this:

https://www.tsa.gov/contact-center/form/precheck

As mentioned, let us know if this happens again for this weekend's flights.

kasey97
Adventurer C

You have been so helpful in stepping me thru the troubleshooting.  After digging deeper into our Global Entry file, I DO recall now that our FIRST GE/TSA application was in 2018.  To let you know, I have conclusive evidence that I renewed my status in late 2022, and my KTN did NOT change upon renewal.  It stayed the same.  With initial application is Fall 2018 and my daughter's bdate in the month of DEC, I have a feeling her most recent expiration was her bday in Dec 2023.  And somehow we missed renewing it.  (Interestingly, my OTHER daughter renewed hers months prior to her Sept '23 bday and expiration).  Maybe life got busy for this daughter in question; she was in college at the time.  And me Mom the travel administrator was/is going thru a stupid cancer battle (still).  I have asked my daughter to check her GE card for expiration.

kasey97
Adventurer C

oops my last comment thanking for helpfulness meant for SoCalFlyer 

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@kasey97 wrote:

I have conclusive evidence that I renewed my status in late 2022, and my KTN did NOT change upon renewal.  

Greetings All: For the record and to clarify, I most likely had a misunderstanding and have posted a misstatement and advised the OP that KTN's change upon Global Entry renewal. Actually, numerous source reference docs indicate that if one has TSA PreCheck and then later enrolls in Global Entry, a new KTN number is assigned for Global Entry. US Passport numbers also change upon renewal, but there were no docs supporting my initial statement of Global Entry renewals changing the KTN and I likely had a misunderstanding of that policy when I signed up for the program. Also for TSA PreCheck renewals, TSA advises that the KTN does not change.

Hope this makes better sense.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Is her KTN included in her SW RR profile? If so it should happen automariclly.

I've flown hundreds of flights since getting a KTN. Never had a problem.

kasey97
Adventurer C

My point exactly.  So has she/we.  As stated prior, ALL her names and info match exactly and are included in her RR and American accounts, in the specific air reservations, and in her Global Entry/TSA account.  Her Global Entry is current, active, and valid.  I have cross referenced everything.  So that is why it seems odd that it occurred on two different airlines 4 days apart.  Oh well....we are flying SW this weekend.  We'll see what happens.